Your hearing aids can be a home for a whole mess of dirt and bacteria. If you don't clean them often enough or properly, you can risk damage to your hearing aids, or to your overall health. Below is a step by step process to ensure your hearing aids are clean and sanitized for optimum performance.
- Put on a pair of disposable nitrile gloves.
- Wet a soft cloth with a 70-90% alcohol solution (isopropyl, Methyl or ethanol alcohol) with 10- 30% purified water.
- Clean the hearing aids thoroughly with the cloth until no debris is visible. Dispose of the cloth in the proper receptacle.
- Get a new cloth and wet it with the alcohol solution.
- Gently clean the hearing aids again, for 60 seconds, making sure that all the surfaces are cleaned with the alcohol solution.
- Do not submerge the hearing aids in the alcohol solution or any other fluid.
- Throw away the cloth and gloves in the proper receptacle.
- Place the hearing aids on a clean surface for a few minutes until completely dry.