Here’s something you’ve probably noticed while shopping around the hearing care market: hearing aids come in all shapes, sizes, and price points! Whether you’re buying your first hearing device or upgrading from an old pair that no longer suits your needs, you probably find yourself asking questions such as:
- Which style of hearing aid is best for my type of hearing loss?
- Should I choose rechargeable or traditional battery hearing aids?
- Do I need streaming accessories with my hearing aids, or can I accomplish everything I need via a smartphone app?
The good news is Beltone is here to help you and answer all of your questions.
First understand your own needs
If you suspect you may be experiencing hearing loss, the first step is to take our simple online hearing screening. This screening will provide you with a rating that you and a Beltone hearing care professional can use to determine how best to proceed.
Next, set up a free appointment with a Beltone hearing care professional in your area. A Beltone expert will conduct a more thorough examination of your hearing and provide you with a complete diagnosis.
Styles of hearing aids
The standard hearing aid technology that you’ll find on the market today is both digital and wireless. All of Beltone’s current hearing aid offerings fit this profile. Our hearing aids provide a personalized listening experience that can adapt to a variety of environments and lifestyles.
Beltone offers seven different styles of hearing aids that fall into three main categories:
- Behind-the-Ear - Small, easy to wear all day, and budget-friendly, this device matches your hair and complexion, so it is easily hidden.
- Receiver-in-Ear - Virtually invisible, featuring a tiny casing that hides behind your ear and connects via a miniature transparent tube to a tiny component in your ear canal.
- Custom - Some of the smallest styles available that are custom-made to fit your ear anatomy for the best comfort and sound quality, including Invisible-in-Canal (IIC),Completely-in-Canal (CIC),In-the-Canal (ITC), In-the-Ear (ITE) ,and Mic-in-Helix (MIH) styles.
Each style of hearing aid has its advantages and disadvantages, so be sure to speak with an expert about the one that’s best for your specific situation. Beltone’s hearing care professionals can advise you on the right choice for your needs, as well as help you consider the features you may need.
The latest hearing aid features
No two types of hearing loss are the same (more on that later), so it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of different hearing aid features and benefits, such as:
- The latest, conveniently rechargeable battery models vs. models with traditional changeable batteries
- Cutting-edge sound processing features that can handle a variety of sound environments
- Wireless streaming and controls for phone calls, music, and more
- Apps and accessories to further enhance your hearing experience
- Perhaps most importantly of all, ongoing care and support for your hearing aids following your purchase
A Beltone hearing care professional can also advise you about the various insurance and financing options that may be available to you.
The best support for you hearing aids
Hearing aids are more than just a product. They are an investment and experience that will impact every aspect of your life.
That’s why, when you choose Beltone, you get more than just a hearing aid. You get a hearing care partner by your side every step of the way—before, during and after your purchase. Our Belcare program of ongoing protection and support will give you peace of mind about your investment— and ensure you continue hearing what matters the most to you.
For over 80 years we’ve helped countless people find a solution to their hearing loss by matching them with cutting-edge, top-rated hearing aid solutions. Begin your journey to better hearing with Beltone today by booking your free appointment or calling 1-800-BELTONE.