Beltone apps are intended to be used with Beltone wireless hearing instruments. Beltone apps send and receive signals from the Beltone wireless hearing instruments via selected mobile devices for which the apps have been developed. Notifications of application updates should not be disabled, and it is recommended that the user installs all updates to ensure that the application will function correctly and will be kept up-to-date. The application must only be used with Beltone devices for which it is intended. Beltone takes no responsibility if the application is used with other devices. Any and all liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of this application is hereby disclaimed. The information herein is provided “as is” and without any warranty expressed or implied. All direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from any use of this application or data contained herein is disclaimed and excluded.
Mobile application privacy statement
To help us provide you with an improved Beltone experience we are interested in basic information about how you use the mobile application. When sharing information with us on how you use the mobile application features we can learn about the capability of the mobile application and how we can improve and enhance future updates and product releases. Our mission is to employ the user behavior insights to further develop the user experience of our future mobile applications.
Types of collected information
Beltone collects information by analyzing how the application features are used in general. This could be information about how extensively a feature is used and when the feature is typically activated. We collect data across all the application users together and so we do not track and analyze your individual application behavior. In other words, the information we collect is aggregated, non-personally, identifiable data across all the active application users. For example, we can tell if the volume bar is used by a majority of all users but we are not tracking your individual use of the volume bar.
Beltone collects the following type of information:
- Application feature information - We may collect information about the services in use and how they are being used. In practice, this could be information about features that are used, how often they are used and for how long they are being used.
- Device type information - We may collect generic device-specific information such as the type of mobile device and mobile operating system.
- Technical log information - When you use Beltone applications, we may automatically collect and store certain technical information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how the applications are used.
- Internet protocol.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information - When the location and GPS enabled services are in use, we may collect information that show the countries and locations where the application is being used. As all the data is collected across all application users we are not able to determine your current or previous location.
How we use your application information
The collected application usage data is an important part of ensuring that we always provide, maintain, protect and improve the services Beltone offers. Further, it enables us to identify the need to improve existing functionality and develop new applications. The information collected across the Beltone applications will not be used for other purposes without asking for your permission first.
As stated, the data collection happens across all mobile application users and hence we cannot track the user independently. Furthermore, the application data is kept confidential, meaning that only employees involved in the product development will have access to the data in detail.
Beltone processes the application information on our main servers. These may be located on an international server outside the country where you live. We take high security precautions for our storage of application data.
In some instances, Beltone may use external data collection services, which means that we might make use of non–Beltone owned servers for storage of application data. The information will still be kept confidential.
Clarity and Transparency
It is Beltone's wish to make you feel confident and informed when using our applications. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with insight into your application information. We aim to retain any information collected only for as long as you use our applications and for a minimum and reasonable period of time thereafter. You can stop all collection of information by the application easily by uninstalling the application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Beltone is very observant of protecting Beltone and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We often encrypt data communication using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to mobile application information to Beltone employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.