NEW YORK, November 9, 2010 – www.beltone.com – Chicago-based Beltone announced that it has received the prestigious International CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Award for the Beltone True™. The new generation of virtually invisible Bluetooth-compatible hearing instruments is among the first to wirelessly receive sound directly from TV, cell/home phone, stereo, PC and iPod via a 2.4 GHz signal.
The Beltone True allows hearing-impaired users to comfortably converse with those nearby, while still listening to music or watching their favorite TV program. It offers excellent sound quality and eliminates the embarrassing high-pitched whistling of past hearing instruments.
“We are honored to receive this award from the Consumer Electronics Association and are extremely proud of the Beltone True's innovative technology and engineering excellence,” says Todd Murray, Beltone President. “This extraordinary hearing instrument allows users to connect directly to their cell phones, TVs and computers by creating a personal wireless network around them. We are thrilled to be recognized for providing consumers with state-of-the-art advancements in hearing care.”
Twice as fast and with four times as much memory, the Beltone True's integrated circuit enables wireless connections to be made to other devices without audible delay. A remote control offers users the ability to independently adjust each hearing instrument's volume and sound quality.
Receiving top honors in the Health and Wellness category, the Beltone True will be displayed at the 2011 International CES, which runs January 6-9, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The product's innovative features include the following:
- Direct TV Link – Direct 2.4 GHz wireless connection to a television, stereo or computer allows the listener to enjoy entertainment with others comfortably, at a volume that is right for everyone. This enables the individual to hear the television or stereo while also participating in conversation in the room.
- Direct Phone Link – Direct Link accessories give wearers broad sound and program customization, and allow direct connection to a Bluetooth-enabled cell phone. Once the phone rings (also heard through True), the call is transmitted to both ears. A clip attached to the user's clothing picks up his/her end of the conversation, allowing the cell phone to remain in a handbag or pocket during the call.
- Solus Pro Fitting Option – The industry's first truly wireless fitting software frees users from the need to use programming cords and fitting “medallions.”
- HPF80 NanoBlock Protection – An invisible, highly durable protective coating that safeguards sensitive circuitry and delicate components inside and out, protecting the True from moisture, dirt, temperature/humidity fluctuations, ear wax and skin oils. With HPF80 NanoBlock coating, moisture beads off and particulates are easily wiped away, reducing maintenance and increasing instrument longevity.
- Auto-Phone – True's Auto-Phone feature automatically turns on when the phone comes near the ear.
- Feedback Eraser – Automatically eliminates the uncomfortable and embarrassing ringing that feedback can cause in the ear. This feature is tailored to meet the individual's hearing needs, providing the best possible feedback-free hearing and distortion reduction.
- Spatial Directionality – Helps the wearer prioritize sounds in noisy and/or busy environments using proprietary band-splitting methodology and a unique sound classification system.
- Speech Spotter Pro – Beltone's newest technology automatically distinguishes between speech and noise, allowing users to more easily follow conversations in noisy places such as restaurants.
Products entered into the CES Innovations program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 35 product categories. Past recipients of the CES award include Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, LG Electronics, Roku, Yamaha, Belkin, Logitech, Philips Electronics, JBL, and many other brands that have built a reputation for delivering superior innovation and quality.
Back to the Beltone Press Room page