CHICAGO, February, 2011 – Beltone has announced two new product extensions to its award-winning Beltone True™ line-up. The first is the Beltone True MIC – the industry's only wireless microphone-in-concha custom instrument. The second is the Beltone True Flex BTE – the first Flex BTE instrument that can be converted to normal power, high-power and open configurations. Both are part of the Beltone True product line, a new generation of virtually invisible hearing instruments that wirelessly receive sound directly from TV, cell/home phone, stereo, PC and iPod via a 2.4 GHz signal.
“With a powerful integrated circuit specially designed for audio applications, these product extensions are real “game-changers” and represent a breakthrough in hearing for demanding listening situations,” says Dr. John Cariola, Director of Product Management. “In addition, the new MIC and Flex BTE will continue to offer the Beltone True's industry-leading 2.4 GHz wireless technology and the world's smallest receiver-in the-ear.”
Like its predecessor the Beltone Touch™, the Beltone True MIC leverages the ear's anatomy to provide a discreet appearance and excellent instrument performance. It takes advantage of the ear's ability to deliver natural sound quality, directional cues, and wind noise reduction. It's available in all three technology levels (True 17, 9, and 6) and two style options, the 35M (312 battery) and 15M (10a battery). However, only the 35M model offers the option of wireless functionality.
Patients with hearing on the borderline between moderate and severe will benefit from the Flex BTE's range of possibilities. The instrument offers a standard or power solution in both an open or closed configuration and a wide fitting range, which allows it to adapt to the patient's changing hearing loss and amplification needs. In addition, the Beltone True Flex BTE is smaller and more powerful than devices with similar amplification.
The Beltone True recently received the prestigious International CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Award, earning top honors in the health and wellness category. The line's innovative features include the following:
- Direct TV Link – Direct 2.4 GHz wireless connection to a television, stereo or computer allows the listener to comfortably enjoy entertainment with others while also participating in conversation in the room.
- Direct Phone Link – Accessories give wearers broad sound and program customization, and allow direct connection to a Bluetooth-enabled cell phone. Once the phone rings (also heard through True), the call is transmitted to both ears. A clip attached to the user's clothing acts as the patient's microphone, allowing the cell phone to remain in a handbag or pocket.
- Solus Pro Fitting Option – The industry's first truly wireless fitting software frees users from the need to use programming cords and fitting “medallions.”
- HPF80 NanoBlock Protection – An invisible, highly durable protective coating that safeguards sensitive circuitry and delicate components inside and out, protecting the True from moisture, dirt, temperature/humidity fluctuations, earwax and skin oils.
- Auto-Phone – Automatically turns on when the phone comes near the ear.
- Feedback Eraser – Automatically eliminates the uncomfortable and embarrassing ringing that feedback can cause in the ear. This feature is tailored to meet the individual's hearing needs, providing the best possible feedback-free hearing and distortion reduction.
- Spatial Directionality – Helps the wearer prioritize sounds in noisy and/or busy environments using proprietary band-splitting methodology and a unique sound classification system.
- Speech Spotter Pro – Beltone's newest technology automatically distinguishes between speech and noise, allowing users to more easily follow conversations in noisy places such as restaurants.