Can my tinnitus be cured?
For most tinnitus patients, there is no known cure, but there are many treatment options available to help you understand your tinnitus better and provide relief. It is strongly recommended that you start with a hearing care professional who is trained and experienced in treating tinnitus patients. Tinnitus is unique from person to person, it is important to find a treatment plan that is individualized for your personal needs and works best for you.
In certain instances where the origin of tinnitus is known, for example, dietary habits and side effects of medication, proper management can help reduce and, sometimes, eliminate tinnitus:
- Avoid loud noises like during concerts or move away from the speakers
- Pay special attention to your blood pressure as high blood pressure can worsen your tinnitus
- Decreasing your salt intake and other stimulants like coffee, soda, tobacco and aspirin can help.
- Make sure to monitor your stress level
- Make sure to get ample rest and avoid high intensity exercises
- There are many advertisements claiming that ginkgo biloba, vitamins, herbs, etc. can provide relief or even eliminate tinnitus