Frequently Asked Questions
1. Some Android phones and/or operating systems will not be compatible with the Beltone SmartRemote app. If you do not see the app on Google Play it is because the app is not compatible with your phone model and/or your operating system. Minimum requirement for operating system is 2.3.5.
2. The app is not available in your country. Please see question ‘In which countries is the app available on the App Store or Google Play?’
Android: Operating system 2.3.5 or later.
Please note that the app is not compatible with all Android devices even if the requirements for operating system are fulfilled.
- Step 1: Do you want to connect now or run in demo mode? Choose connect now.
- Step 1a: (Only on Android) Required devices: We inform you that you need Beltone wireless hearing aids and the Beltone Direct Phone Link 2 (released Dec. 2012) to operate the app.
- Step 3: We recommend that you disable any lock sounds, keyboard clicks and other touch sounds on your mobile device to improve your user experience. This is usually done under Settings and Sound.
- Step 4: You’re ready to run Beltone SmartRemote. If you need any guidance on how the app works or how to pair to the Phone Link 2, that information is available under Settings.
On an Android device: Ways to remove apps vary on Android devices – please consult your smartphone user guide.