Your Beltone HearPlus app has got a new design with easier, more intuitive navigation and one-tap access to most important app menus. Now volume and program change, favorites, and adjusting sound enhancer settings are all accessible via quick buttons on the home screen. Installing is easy. Just accept the update of the app on your device and start using your new Beltone HearPlus app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are my hearing aids compatible with the Beltone HearPlus app?
Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost, Beltone Boost Plus & Beltone First hearing aids are compatible. Please see www.beltone.com/compatibility for which app to use if you have other hearing aids.
How do I check if my Android device is compatible with the Beltone HearPlus app?
Check the list of verified devices on www.beltone.com/compatibility. If your device is not on this list, do the following: Connect the hearing aids to the app. If the connection is successful, please try to connect/disconnect the hearing aids and the app 2-3 times to make sure that the connection is consistent after the initial pair. If the connection is unsuccessful, please read the question ‘I’m connecting my Android device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?’
Is my smartphone/tablet compatible with the Beltone HearPlus app?
Please go to www.beltone.com/compatibility to see if your device is compatible.
How do I pair the app to my hearing aids?
It depends on whether you have an Apple or an Android device:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: You need to first pair the hearing aids with iOS. Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Devices and your mobile device will search for hearing aids. Open and close the battery doors on your hearing aids. Tap when they are shown in the display and then tap Pair (twice for two hearing aids) and your devices will be paired. Now open the app and follow the flow to Get started.
- Android device: Open the app and follow the flow to Get started. Do not pair the hearing aids to the device’s OS.
I’m connecting my Android device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?
Please check the following:
- Are the hearing aids paired to other smartphones in the room? If yes, please unpair/forget from other devices before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- (For professionals) Are the hearing aids connected to an Airlink/NOAHlink before starting the pairing? If yes, please disconnect before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
- Are the hearing aids powered on before starting the pairing? If yes, wait to power on the hearing aids until after the pairing process has been started in the app.
- Are the hearing aids paired via the phone’s Bluetooth menu already? If yes, forget the hearing aid pairing from the device, restart the hearing aids, and pair from the app menu instead.
- Is the app reporting ‘Try again’ in the pairing or connect process? If yes, power off the hearing aids and try again. If it consistently won´t connect and the device is not whitelisted, the device is not compatible.
I’m connecting my Apple device for the first time, but it’s not connecting – what do I do?
(For professionals) Are the hearing aids connected to an Airlink/NOAHlink before starting the pairing? If yes, please disconnect before proceeding with any pairing on a new device.
Can I keep my sound adjustments?
Yes. You will keep sound adjustments for a particular program until you reboot (turn off and on again) your hearing aids. You can also save your settings as a Favorite and choose to have the Favorite automatically apply whenever you enter a specific location. Or, you can apply them at any time you want by choosing that Favorite from the app.
How do I reset original program settings after making adjustments to sound?
There are four ways to reset the adjustments you made:
1) Go to Sound Enhancer and tap ‘Reset’ at the bottom of the screen. This will reset all adjustments except volume.
2) Marks on individual sliders for volume, Noise Reduction, Speech Focus, and Wind Noise Reduction indicate default settings. Set the sliders to those marks to reset. Treble/bass are default at 0.
3) If you activated a Quick button on the Home screen, simply tap the button again to deactivate.
4) Open and close the battery doors of the hearing aids to restart them. This resets them to the fitted settings.
How do I stream sound from an Android device?
If you have an Android device, use the Beltone Phone Link 2 to stream sound. For more information, see the Quick guide to connectivity and the Beltone HearPlus™ app.
How do I stream sound from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?
If you have Made for iPhone hearing aids, you can connect them directly to iOS on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to stream phone calls, music etc. If you do not have Made for iPhone hearing aids, use the Beltone Phone Link 2 to stream sound. For more information, see the Quick guide to connectivity and the Beltone HearPlus™ app.
Why can’t I change programs on my iPhone during a phone call or while I’m listening to music?
When you stream sound directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the hearing aids automatically change to the iPhone program. In order to go back to a hearing aid program, end the phone call or other sound streaming.
I have updated the app but will like to have the previous design back, is that possible?
It is not possible to change back to the previous design after the app has been updated.
How do I get the new design?
All you have to do is update the app to the latest version in your app store.
After I have updated the app, all my favorites have disappeared, can I get them back?
It has not been possible to transfer the favorites into the new design and platform. In order to have your favorites back you will have to create them again.
What is Demo mode?
Enabling Demo mode means that you can run the app without connection to the hearing aid system. This is useful for demonstration purposes or to try the app. Demo mode simulates the app features as if you were connected to a hearing aid. For example, you can change programs and adjust in the Sound Enhancer. You can choose Demo mode in the entry flow or enable/disable Demo mode under More in the app.