Privacy Consent Statement for Online Hearing Test
FULL PRIVACY CONSENT
The purpose of this privacy consent statement is to provide information in accordance with applicable data privacy law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and enable the data controller GN Hearing A/S (reg.nr. 55082715), Lautrupbjerg 7, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark (“GN”) (“We” or “Us”) to use the personal information about you (“You”) as described below.
In order to perform a hearing test, and for your local Hearing Care Professional to contacting You by means of any communication methods (including phone, email, direct mail etc.), discuss test results, hearing care and scheduling a hearing test (the “Purpose”) We need your consent (the “Consent”) to collect, process and transfer the following data about You (“Your Data”): Name, phone number, address, e-mail, gender, age range, and result from hearing test in the following conditions:
1. We collect and process Your Data on basis of Your consent, which constitutes a legal ground pursuant to article 9(2)(a) of GDPR.
2. The recipients of Your Data are:
- GN employees;
- GN entity employees in my country of residence
- Local Hearing Care Professional in my country of residence
- Data processors, suppliers, business partners and vendors that we work with to assist our business (meaning service providers, technical support, analytics providers, supply services and financial institutions)
The above recipients will only (i) get access on a need basis and (ii) use Your Data to achieve the Purpose.
Please notice that the Local Hearing Care Professional in your country of residence will be an individual data controller of the received data.
3. As part of the processing, Your Data may either be transferred and stored on our data processor’s server in the US (Resound and Interton tests) or in Belgium (Beltone test). In the case the data is transferred to US, it will happen on the basis of EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. If Your country of residence is outside of EU/EEA, we will transfer Your Data to the GN entity and the Local Hearing Care Professional in your country on the basis of standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission, cf. article 46 (2) (c) of GDPR. You may obtain more information about this by contacting Us (see contact information below).
4. Your Data will be stored for as long as it is necessary to provide services in relation to your hearing aid, unless applicable law requires Us to delete it before or store it for a longer period of time.
Please be informed that you may withdraw Your Consent at any time, in which event We will cease processing Your Data and delete it (unless we are obligated to keep it). Withdrawal of Your Consent or other queries related to the collection and processing of Your Data can be done by contacting GN’s data protection officer by email to DPO@GN.com.
You may contact GN’s data protection officer by email mentioned above in case of questions or other queries related to the collection, transfer and processing of Your Data.
Queries could for example include exercising rights according to GDPR to access Your Data, to object to processing, to withdraw your consent (as described above), to request rectification or erasure of Your Data, or to request restriction of processing.
GN is subject to supervision by the Danish Data Protection Agency (www.datatilsynet.dk), Borgergade 28,5, DK-1300 Copenhagen K (the “Supervisory Authority”). In addition to your right to contact Us mentioned above you are entitled to lodge complaints related to the processing of Your Data with the Supervisory Authority.