This website is meant as an introduction to the activities of GN Hearing Care Corporation, doing business as Beltone (“Beltone”). References in this Legal Disclaimer to “Beltone”, “we”, “us” or “our” shall mean GN Hearing A/S (a company registered in Denmark and the owner of the Resound, Beltone and Interton brands). Please read this text before using this website. By using this website you accept the terms and conditions set out herein. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions please do not use the website.
This website provides you with general information that is true and accurate to the best of Beltone’s knowledge. We advise you that:
1. Beltone may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend the information contained on this website without notice.
2. You may download material displayed on this website only for non-commercial and personal use and provided you respect and keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this website, including the text, images, audio and video, for either public or commercial use, or communication, without prior written permission from Beltone unless otherwise stated.
4. The trademarks, names, service marks, logos and icons of Beltone and its affiliates appearing on this website may not be used in any manner by users of this website without the express prior written permission of Beltone unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained on the website may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the trademarks displayed on this website without the prior written permission of Beltone.
5. The information presented on this website is not intended to be medical advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you suspect a hearing problem, Beltone strongly urges you to consult with a qualified physician or hearing professional.
6. Beltone does not accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website.
7. While the Beltone has taken all reasonable care in placing the correct information in this website, it cannot be liable for any inaccuracy, error, omission, or any other kind of inadequacy, deficiency, or flaw in, or in relation to the information contained in this website and its subsites; including its third parties' external links. Beltone fully excludes any and all liability of any kind to any person or entity that chooses to rely upon the information.
8. Beltone is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
10. If you ignore this disclaimer, you do so at your own risk.
All new Beltone hearing instruments carry a standard limited warranty that lasts 12 months from the date of purchase and covers any manufacturing or material defects. Please ask the hearing care professional, where you purchased your Beltone hearing aid, about the terms and conditions of an extended limited warranty. This limited warranty does not cover (i) accessories such as batteries, tubes, ear modules and external receivers; (ii) compatibility issues with the hardware and software products of others, including but not limited to compatibility issues with another company’s products introduced after the time of purchase; or (iii) damage from improper handling or care, exposure to chemicals or undue stress. Damage caused by third parties or non-authorized service centers renders the warranty null and void. This warranty does not include any services performed by a hearing care professional in their office. Purchase of a Beltone hearing instrument from an unauthorized online retailer voids the warranty. Any warranty granted by Beltone with respect to Beltone hearing instruments may be deemed void, at the sole discretion of Beltone, if any Beltone products covered by such warranty is used for any purpose not permitted hereunder or otherwise in violation of any other use restriction.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and unless expressly stated otherwise in the terms and conditions set out herein we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, our website and the use of our website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Beltone, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of the terms and conditions set out herein or your use of this website, including, but not limited to, any use of this website's content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in the terms and conditions set out herein or your use of any information obtained from the website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to this website and the applicable the terms and conditions set out herein and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto shall, in all respects, be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by Beltone of any term or condition set forth herein shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Beltone to assert a right or provision under the terms and conditions set out herein shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If, for any reason, any provision of the terms and conditions set forth herein are determined to be invalid or in conflict with any existing or future law or regulation, such shall not impair the operation or affect the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions set forth herein, and the latter will continue to be given full force and effect and the invalid provisions, if any, shall be deemed to be not a part of the terms and conditions set forth herein.