Getting Started With Your New Hearing Aids
Better Hearing Begins Now
You’ve embarked on your journey to better hearing and received your hearing aids, and Beltone is here to support you every step of the way. Read ahead to learn some of the most important things you need to know about your new hearing aids.
What Should I Expect From My New Hearing Aids?
Your Beltone hearing care professional has likely already told you a little about what to expect from your hearing aids in the weeks and months ahead. Here are some additional tips that may reveal more about what you need to know.
- Give yourself time. You’ll need to give yourself time to adjust to the major life change of wearing hearing aids every day. The best thing you can do is commit to wearing your hearing aids every day so you get used to them.
- Expect to hear new sounds. You may think your voice sounds strange (known as the occlusion effect) or that everyday sounds are too loud. You may even be confused by noise. But all of this is a perfectly normal response that will go away in time as you become used to having normal hearing again.
- Make follow-up appointments. Your Beltone hearing care professional can help you switch out your domes, adjust your hearing aids for better performance or in-ear comfort, or help you set up your hearing aid apps so you can maintain total control of your equipment.
- Call us anytime with your questions. Having trouble adjusting to your hearing aids? We’re here to help. Call us at 1-800-BELTONE to speak with one of our helpful representatives.
Your New Hearing Aids: 3 Phases of Adjustment
Beltone’s Great Start Program
Learn how to use your hearing aids with our step-by-step program
You’ve embarked on your journey to better hearing and received your hearing aids, and Beltone is here to support you every step of the way. To help you get off on the right foot, we created an easy, step-by-step orientation program that shows you how to take advantage of all the features your hearing aids have to offer.
How the Great Start Program Works
- You’ll receive an email introducing each step of the program. There are six in total. Simply click the link to get started.
- You’ll complete six mini-learning sessions. Each session offers how-to videos and tips to help you get comfortable with your new hearing aids.
- Once you finish all the sessions and complete the Great Start program, you’ll receive a $25 Beltone gift certificate to spend in our online store at shop.Beltone.com.
What the Great Start Program Covers
Each mini-learning session is short and simple and covers a single topic about your new hearing aids. In just a few minutes, you’ll learn how to get the most out of your hearing aids and have a great hearing experience.
Great Start topics include:
Session 1: Tips for Getting Started
Session 2: Getting to Know Your Hearing Aids
Session 3: Using the HearMax App
Session 4: Cleaning and Maintenance
Session 5: How to Get the Best Hearing Experience
Session 6: Remote Care and Belcare
Get Off to a Great Start With Beltone
Beltone is here to support you every step of the way on your journey to better hearing. If you have a question about your new hearing aids, reach out to your hearing care professional for assistance or clarification. We’re always here to help.